Thursday, May 29, 2014

Scout Cosmetics

Hey guys! Today I have a few products from Scout Cosmetics to show you! Last time I posted about this brand I only showed nail polish but today I have a mixture of nail polish and make up! All scout cosmetics can be purchased online here. I'll be reviewing 2 nail polishes, 3 lipsticks, the Mineral Mascara and the Mineral Corrector Concealer. Here's a look at the products!

I couldn't wait to use the polishes (RRP $19.95) that were sent so I decided to do some nail art with them. I used 2 coats of Scout - November Rain (a gorgeous metallic silver creme) followed by some taped triangles using 1 coat of You Oughta Know (a stunning deep cobalt blue that seems to glow in the bottle). This mani lasted me 1 whole week and I was seriously impressed with how gorgeous and vibrant it looked in real life! I finished the look off with 1 coat of G&G.

Mineral Mascara in the shade 01 (RRP$ 35.95) - This mascara has a great brush and really good formula. It isn't a mascara that gives you full on volume and length, but a subtle, natural look which I love. It is also a non irritating formula which makes it perfect for people who wear contact lens.

Before Mascara
After Mascara



Mineral Corrector in the shade Skin (RRP $24.95) - This concealer is in a great pencil shape which makes it very easy to apply to spot cover blemishes or cover under the eye. It is very creamy and long wearing but I did find this shade was too light to cover blemishes but it worked well to hide dark circles under my eyes.


 

Mineral Lipstick in the shade; Delight (a coral/pink frost), Excite (a eggplant frost) and Destiny (a medium red creme) (RRP $35.95) - These lipsticks were the least impressive for me. The formula was a bit drying and wasn't very saturated in colour which made my lips look a bit blotchy. Destiny was the only one I found to not be drying and give great opacity.

Delight
Excite
Destiny
Overall i'm quite impressed with Scout Cosmetics but absolutely love their nail polishes more than their makeup. Have you tried any Scout Cosmetics? I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment